What is a cookie?
A cookie It is a text file harmless that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of the cookie It is that the web is able to remember your visit next time you browse that page. Although many people do not know the cookies They have been in use since 20 years old, when they appeared the first browser for the World Wide Web.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, or a Trojan, or a worm, ni spam, ni spyware, or open pop-up windows.
What information stores a cookie?
The cookies not often store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account information, photographs, your identity card or personal information, etc. The data stored are of a technical nature, personal preferences, content customization, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, if you usually browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies there?
- Cookies techniques: They are the most basic and allow, among other things, know when you are navigating a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Cookies analysis: Collect information on the type of navigation is performing, sections most used, Find a product, time slot of use, language, etc.
- Cookies advertising: Show ads based on your browsing, their country of origin, language, etc.
What they are cookies own and third?
The own cookies They are generated by the page you are visiting and third They are generated by external service providers such as Facebook or, Twitter, Google, etc.
What if I turn off the cookies?
To understand the scope that may have disable cookies we show some examples:
- You can not share content from that page on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt content to their personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- You can not access the personal area of the web, as for example My account, the My profile the Mis requests.
- Online shops: It will be impossible to shop online, They will have to be telephone or by visiting the physical store if you have one.
- It will not be possible to customize their geographic preferences as slot, currency or language.
- The website can not perform analytical web visitors and traffic on the web, making it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You can not write on the blog, You can not upload photos, post comments, assess or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application published spam.
- No advertising may show sectioned, which will reduce advertising revenue the web.
Can I remove cookies?
Yes. Not only eliminate, also block, general or specific way for a specific domain.
To remove cookies a website must go to the configuration of your browser and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Configuring cookies polulares for more browsers
Here's how to access a cookie Browser determined Chrome. Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences using the File menu or by clicking the icon that appears personalization top right.
- You see different sections, click option Show Advanced Options.
- Go to Privacy, Content settings.
- Select All cookies and data sites.
- a list appears with all cookies domain sorted. To make it easier to find cookies enter a specific domain or part of the address in the field Search cookies.
- After making this filter one or more lines appear on the screen cookies Site requested. Now just select it and press the X to proceed to their elimination.
To access settings cookies Browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (They may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access settings cookies Browser Firefox follow these steps (They may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Options the Preferences your operating system.
- Click on Privacy.
- In Record choose Use custom settings for history.
- Now you will see the option Accept Cookies, You can turn on or off according to your preferences.
To access settings cookies Browser Safari para OSX follow these steps (They may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- Here you will see the option Block cookies to fit the type of lock you want to perform.
To access settings cookies Browser Safari para iOS follow these steps (They may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security, you will see the option Block cookies to fit the type of lock you want to perform.
To access settings cookies Browser for devices Android follow these steps (They may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press Menu, then Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy, you will see the option Accept Cookies to check or uncheck the box.
To access settings cookies Browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (They may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Configuration
- Now you can enable or disable the box Permitir cookies.